Thursday, June 12, 2008

I Haven't Kissed A Girl... But I Like It

Yes, the lyrics are awful. And sure, it can be interpreted as homophobic. But damnit, Katy Perry's song "I Kissed A Girl" is so freaking catchy I can't help but sing along. And truth be told, I'm excited about her upcoming album. When I first heard "UR So Gay" a few months ago on MTVU, I realized we finally had an American Lily Allen sans meltdown. While the video for "I Kissed" is boring quite frankly given the possibilities, "UR So Gay" smartly uses Barbies to tell the story of the metrosexual. Check out the video if you haven't seen it already.
Thankfully though, I'm not alone in my guilty pleasure. It's actually the second most popular song on ITunes, which completely boggles my mind. Yes, the beat is pretty sweet and the chorus is fun. But if this song becomes more downloaded than Coldplay's "Viva La Vida" (my current favorite song), I might just have a problem with Ms. Perry.

No comments: