Sunday, June 15, 2008

Finding Comfort in the Rain


No matter how many times I've seen "Singin' in the Rain," I still get goosebumps when I see Gene Kelly tapping down the street. But that feeling is trumped when I get the chance to see someone watch the film for the first time. There's something about watching a friend fall in love with a movie I've always adored that makes the viewing experience that much better. I am one of those people who glances back at you for every reaction shot. And I do shoot looks of disdain at friends who have never watched "Gone With the Wind" or "Philadelphia Story."
Sure, I come off as a film snob every time I spout off a list of the classic movies everyone should have to watch to appreciate film. But maybe it isn't just about preaching my views or educating my friends on film appreciation. Maybe it's all about getting people to understand and feel those emotions I experience every time I watch the movies.

No comments: